[Event Debrief] Healthcare.mn & Graveti Fireside Chat – The Startup of You
Healthcare.mn and Graveti teamed up this month at Coco Uptown to lead a panel conversation entitled “The Startup of You” focused on keeping oneself sane and balanced through what can often be a lonely entrepreneurial journey.
Moderator: Brianna M. McCullough
Sarah Moe: Founder/CEO of Sleep Health Specialists, which provides sleep health education to the employees of local businesses and
Katrina Anderson: CEO and co-founder of ClinicianNexus. Katrina brings 4 years of experience working with clinical students and health system stakeholders to improve health professional education.
James Jones: Co-Founder and CEO of Spark DJ. He is a New Orleans native and Notre Dame Alum. Spark DJ, an app that uses artificial intelligence to DJ your party.
Brandon Jones: Brandon brings a down-to-earth and compassionate attitude to Mental Health. Brandon has practiced psychotherapy now for 3 years. He specializes in Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
The conversation was varied and dynamic, featuring multiple viewpoints on key strategies to finding balance while driving your personal and professional goals. Please take a moment to watch a great video recap from our media partner, MentorMate.
- It is about happiness, whether it’s about trying something different, new hobby, it’s important to provide yourself exposure. Once you find your niche, that is where your happiness starts to increase.
- Not having to “check boxes” was intriguing. Very interested in how the workplace could look if people were truly engaged.
- If you are working for a corporation that doesn’t value you, and they don’t have a wellness program for you to invest in, then keep looking.
- If you have a partner, schedule time with them to talk about work stuff – straight-forward discussions to download, it’s sort of like your own therapy session.
- “Know yourself. Understand what you need each day to deal with the ups and downs.” Use your experience in your life as a way to navigate through the future. Recognize how you work through the problems AND the successes.
- Social and emotional intelligence… have a support network in whatever field you’re in.. AND with those who have no idea what you do.
- In this world, “saying no” is OKAY! Learning how to say no especially when it comes to your being overworked or exhausted is necessary.
- SLEEP MORE! If you are feeling unhappy or unhealthy, having better sleep will improve all of that. Try something for a week and see what makes you feel better.
- Before you embark on a big journey, take time to learn about yourself, reflect on your past, talk to people that know you best, ask questions about yourself, LOVE yourself.
- Develop stress management plan that works for you, inform yourself as much as possible.
This is a gathering of founders, community champions, hackers, designers and hustlers from underrepresented backgrounds, with an emphasis on people of color such as Latino/as and Blacks in tech and startups. Join us for a conversation on how to improve diversity and inclusion in the Twin Cities and supporting minorities in startups. Learn more
About MentorMate: Healthare.mn media partner
Digital Ideas Accelerated – Working confidently across diverse regulatory environments, we meet business needs with engaging experiences in digital health, finance, engineering, commerce, real estate, education and beyond.